Friday, August 23, 2019

Review of Week 1 Assignments

(What Writing Used To Look Like. Source)
My first impression of the assignments we've done so far is that there is going to be a lot of writing. It's been a while since I've taken a class that requires a decent amount of individual writing, and if I remember correctly we had the same amount of writing for our final essay as we did in the first week of this class. As someone who has an easier time problem solving than expressing my thoughts, this class will be a bit of a challenge for me. However, I am looking forward to the challenge because communication is important and is something I want to improve on.

The idea of grading ourselves with the professor mainly used for feedback is definitely something that hasn't happened in any of my other classes. For some people, such as myself, this is a good approach. It requires the student to be honest and a drive to want to learn instead of getting a certain grade. However, human nature is such that most people will do what is most convenient for them to accomplish a certain task. I think the idea of being process oriented in school instead of focusing on grades makes more sense in elementary and secondary school. Once education gets to the college level grades become important as employers want to know performance to aid them in the hiring process.

Anyway these are some of my first thoughts that came to mind. Writing is something that takes me out of my comfort zone and something that I want to improve at and get more comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment