Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

(Feedback Grid. Source)

Feedback In
The feedback seemed to have a healthy mix of praise and criticism. Some of the praise liked making changes to plot such as making the little boy change into an ogre. As far as criticism goes, there seemed to be a common theme to include more details such as what the monk is like in Deception and how the daughter's relationship with Surero evolved in How a Thief Married My Daughter.

Feedback Out
Looking back on my own feedback I implement a lot of the WWW strategy. I think this is because I like to naturally give feedback by first pointing out the things that I like before giving healthy criticism. The part that WWW strategy helped with is to be creative and offer suggestions on how a story could be improved.

Blog Comments
I do feel like I get a pretty good idea of what a person is like by reading their introduction, writing style, and what kind of stories they can come up with. I also feel like my introduction post provides a lot of information about me and insight into who I am. Lots of people are psychology majors and will comment on what they know about personalities and my poker hobby as well.

Looking Forward
Personally I think the feedback strategies are pretty good so if people would just implement that more often when they provide feedback I think that would work pretty well. I really liked Story Lab and I think having more of those lessons where we learn more strategies to write better would be great. 

Image
I chose this image for a couple of reasons. One is that I'm kind of a nerd and think grids and graphs are great tools to help visualize ideas. Another reason is the the grid is very informative. For example, it shows that critical feedback requires a person to be both positive and negative and shows how trust is an important factor in how the feedback is perceived.

No comments:

Post a Comment