Thursday, October 10, 2019

Week 8 Progress

(My reflecting pose. Source)

Looking Back
I'm proud that I dug in and started putting work in the class. Early in the semester I fell behind and missed about two full weeks worth of assignments. It was a combination of being distracted with personal issues, prioritizing assignments in other classes, anxiety about writing my own stories, and thinking I could just make up all the assignments later in the semester. I don't have a strict schedule or anything because assignments in other classes are too dynamic for that. Rather, I started doing better by dealing with those personal issues and doing whatever is necessary to get the assignment done on time.

The assignments I enjoy the most are providing feedback to other people and learning new feedback techniques. It's much more natural for me to critique, analyze, and look for ways to improve a story rather than creating my own.

Looking Forward
For the second half of the semester, I want to try to get a little bit ahead just to have some extra wiggle room. Since I fell behind early on I don't have much room for error and it would be a good idea to work ahead with how dynamic school assignments and schedules can be.

As far as my writing goes, my feedback shows that I need to try and be more details and have the characters show more emotion. I also want to get better at changing the plot of a story but still have it be almost as interesting as the original.

I don't think much I want to change about my blog or website. On my introduction post I think I provide readers with a lot of insight about who I am and what I like to do. The project website is also going really well with a nice layout in place. Perhaps I could make some small changes here and there like changing the font of my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment